This Blog is About

Craft News - Crafter Views- And So Many How Tos!
Polymer Clay, Air Dry Clay, Dollhouse Miniatures, One-of-a-Kind Dolls, Bears, Nail Art, and So Many Other Crafts Large and Small.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wire Rings - Wire Wrapped Wearables

I wanted to blog about wire wrapping jewelry because no one taught me how to do it, and I never really even looked at anyone else's work to see what could be done, I just picked up some wire and one of my handmade polymer clay beads and started to create something that each time with each bead I made something so creative that I have already decided this is a niche for me I need to focus more on.

I love polymer clay, and I love jewelry, so why not incorporate the two and use them to the best of my abilities. The ring shown here in the image is the 1st one of its kind made by me. It already has a new home with a new owner who wears it well. Its just ordinary 20 gauge copper wire I purchased at Wal-Mart in the plumbing/hardware section. It was under $3 for about 8 Yards of it. The ring itself as shown took little less than 1 foot of wire.

Additionally I just had to test to see how a ring would turn out using my polymer clay beads and the result is a beautiful and a stunning piece to wear just about anywhere. I went out to eat at our favorite neighborhood pizza restaurant and hubby could not wait to bring attention to it so that others could take notice of it. I love having a very sportive hubby to help show off my creativity. He has been enjoying the clay with me the last few weekends I have had off and I will soon be posting pictures of his wonderful first time creations.Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. very nice- did you use a chain for part of the ring? Supportive hubbies are the best!

    ReplyDelete