This Blog is About

Craft News - Crafter Views- And So Many How Tos!
Polymer Clay, Air Dry Clay, Dollhouse Miniatures, One-of-a-Kind Dolls, Bears, Nail Art, and So Many Other Crafts Large and Small.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wire Cage Bead Tutorial - Jewelery



Today I wanted to quickly blog about a neat tutorial I just now got tweeted to me on twitter. It looks really nice and extremely easy. I do not make jewelry although lately I have been tampering a bit because I do make polymer clay beads. I would love to be able to make other types of beads that would compliment the clay beads and bobbles in a nice arrangement where they can be worn as earrings, charms, necklaces, bracelets, anklets, cell phone charms, barrette charms, sunglass buddies(tm) and other wearable dangles.

I have some copper wire which I picked up at my local Home Depot in the plumbing section, so when I saw this tutorial just now I got a hankering for making some wire cage beads. What about you? Go ahead give it a try. If you don't have copper wire it okay to use any wire you may have on hand. I myself may try with some floral wire about the same gauge and just test it out and see if I can get the same or similar twisting results.

CLICK HERE FOR TUTORIAL:
Cre8ively Yours
Andrea "Cre8"
Image of wire cage bead above property of www.turtlebayjewelry.com from the tutorial posted as the completed peice you will be creating.

1 comment:

  1. I have been going crazy making these cage beads from copper wire. I made a bunch of them (8) and strung them together with jump rings I made myself also from copper wire. I then added my hand rolled polymer clay beads to it creating a nice focal point with a nice closed tail to hang something from it later on. I wish to extend it so I am unsure yet if I will create more cage beads or just add to it with black ribbon or something else where it will lay across the back of neck. I am keeping in mind that long hair may get stuck in them and or just perhaps they not be to comfortable to wear around the back of your neck line? I think it would be nice if it were to be long and hang down a bit and with 4 cage beads on each side its long but not for my fat neck LOL.

    ReplyDelete