This Blog is About

Craft News - Crafter Views- And So Many How Tos!
Polymer Clay, Air Dry Clay, Dollhouse Miniatures, One-of-a-Kind Dolls, Bears, Nail Art, and So Many Other Crafts Large and Small.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Warning: eBay will be using photos without creators' permission.

Do you use eBay to sell your handmade crafts and or other items? I don't know about you, but I know I want to see images of the actual item I am to bid on for eventual purchase should I win it, and or just whatever on a Buy It Now (BIN). With the new things set by eBay it seems they have implemented yet another stupid thing that can not benefit anyone who is worth buying from let alone anyone who may be doing the buying. Starting August 31st, 2009 if you don't opt out you may be allowing other eBay members to sell items and use your images in their listings.

Now some eBay users may not be effected by this opt in opt out nonsense, like eBay.ca (Canada) I have heard does not seem to have the option available in their member settings to opt in or out, at least not at this time. It is also believed that eBay is not making an announcement of this change and any user who does not go into their My eBay account and manually opt out will be automatically opting in by default.

Read all about it here:

eBay will be using photos without creators' permission.

Please comment and tell me and others reading and following this blog what you think about this.

Cre8ively Yours
Andrea "Cre8"

No comments:

Post a Comment